This course qualifies a New Mexico Security Level 2 Guard to use a handgun while on duty. Students will develop awareness skills, learn to use communication methods, intermediate and deadly force use of force for protection of self and clients. Avoiding violent confrontations is a primary goal of the New Mexico Level 3 Security Guard Course.
At first watching this video it is funny. However, running into a armed robbery scene is suicide and stupid.
- Situational Response
- Legal Aspects Training
- Proprietary “Hands on” Tactics Exercise
- Security Officer Teamwork
- Handgun Ammunition Knowledge and Handling
- Communication Skills
- Use of Movement and Cover
- Night Shooting Situations
- Combative Handling Skills of Firearms
- Off Duty Safety
- Written exercises
- Validated Shooting Techniques
- Offering a ninety percent hit rate in confrontations
- Integrate completely with other use of force measures
- Integrate completely into night and cold weather situations
- Handgun Qualification
Note: Guards completing the Level 3 course are eligible for the New Mexico Concealed Handgun Permit certification at no extra charge. Licensing fee is separate. Military veterans do not pay concealed handgun license fees.
Automated forms and a brochure are located on the menu bar in the “Sign up and Forms” page